The STARS Europe project is a project aimed mainly at generating a change in the mobility patterns of students.
It is a project whose objective is the promotion of active displacements among school children to go by bicycle or walking to their educational centers. To this end, a network of cities that want to adhere to it has been promoted, making it a city project, where the different administrations, parents, teachers and neighborhoods in general, bet for a better distribution of public space in favor of those modes of healthier, more sustainable and safer travel.
The methodology followed by the STARS project basically follows two lines of action:
- Campaigns to promote sustainable mobility that the students themselves elaborate.
- Accreditation of the schools based on the results obtained (bronze, silver and gold).
The City Council of Granada has adhered to the Stars Project, signing its commitment with the General Directorate of Traffic (coordinating body of the project in Spain) through the Municipal Education Center for Road Safety of the Mobility Area, with the aim of making Granada a city with sustainable mobility, safe and healthy where the protagonist is not the vehicle but the person and the quality of life of the same.
The City Council of Granada has adhered to the project for 3 years.
The schools that have signed their membership are:
|School||Medal achieved||Medal to which he aspires
||For a healthy,
- [26/2/2019] We continue promoting the active displacements in Bicycle - Andrés Segovia, IES Ángel Ganivet and Juan XXIII Chana
- [20/12/2018] Urban educational route by bicycle - IES Ángel Ganivet
- [21/06/2018] Delivery of Medals to the schools of the European Project STARS - Arrayanes, Padre Manjón, IES Ángel Ganivet, San Isidoro, Juan XXIII Chana and Andrés Segovia
- [18/05/2018] Project STARS-Erasmus - San Isidoro
- [18/04/2018] Walking to the school: Pedibus to Padre Manjón school
- [23/03/2018] Project STARS: Pedibus to Arrayanes school
- [16/03/2018] We continue to educate on bicycle routes through the historic center - IES Ángel Ganivet and CEIP Andrés Segovia
- [19/02/2018] Educating on bicycle routes through the historic center of the city - Juan XXIII Chana
- [26/12/2017] Merry Christmas in Bike, allied to improve Mobility in Granada: Let's take care of it - CEP Arrayanes and IES Ángel Ganivet
- [22/09/2017] To the school by bike - Juan XXIII Chana, San Isidoro and Andrés Segovia
- [12/06/2017] Delivery Diplomas of Appreciation to the protagonists of the European Project STARS - Juan XXIII Chana, San Isidoro and Andrés Segovia
- [29/05/2017] Bike route through Granada of the 3 educational centers STARS - Juan XXIII Chana, San Isidoro and Andrés Segovia
- [18/05/2017] The Andrés Segovia Primary Education School carries out its bike-bus
- [18/04/2017] Schoolchildren encourage other students in the city to walk or bike to school - Juan XXIII, Andrés Segovia and San Isidoro
- [06/02/2017] Granada joins the European Project STARS with 3 educational centers - Juan XXIII, Andrés Segovia and San Isidoro